This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Janet Freeman-Daily. I believe in honesty, integrity, and transparency, and I believe in what I write. Except for occasional guest blog posts I choose to post, the views and opinions expressed on this blog are mine alone.
In my role as a lung cancer patient/advocate and writer, I do accept compensation from companies and organizations for travel expenses, conference registrations, speaking engagements, writing, and consulting services.
Compensated activities may influence my choice of topics and posts in this blog. However, I do not accept sponsored content or advertising, and I do not accept compensation to promote anything or provide opinions or content related to products, services, websites, companies, organizations, or any other topic. I will only discuss products or services that I believe, based on my own experience or research, are worthy of comment. Whenever possible, I provide sources for claims and data. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or source.
I have received travel/event reimbursements, discounts or registration waivers from :
- American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO 2014)
- Northwest Science Fiction Society (Norwescon 38 & 39)
- ALAMO Literary Arts Maintenance Organization (LonestarCon3)
- Smart Patients ( “Stories of Survival” event); Stanford Medicine X
- University of California at San Diego (11th Annual Moores Cancer Center Industry/Academia Translational Oncology Symposium)
- NOVA Research Company and National Institutes of Health (President’s Cancer Panel Workshop 2014-15)
- Perry Communications Group, Inc. (ASCO 2015)
- American Medical Association (advocacy trip to DC)
- LUNGevity Foundation (LUNGevity HOPE Summit 2015 & 2016)
- University of Colorado (2015 NCI Lung SPORE Meeting)
- Sasquan (2015 World Science Fiction Convention)
- International Conference Services (2015 World Conference on Lung Cancer)
- Global Resources for Cancer Education (GRACE Acquired Resistance Forum for ALK, ROS1 and EGFR Lung Cancer)
- Partners Healthcare (12th Annual Connected Health Symposium)
- American Association for Cancer Research (Scientist-Survivor Program)
- PersonalGenomes.org (GET 2016 conference)
- Hutchinson Institute for Cancer Outcomes Research (HICOR Value in Cancer Care Summit 2015 & 2016)
I have received compensation under contract for writing content from:
- Intellisphere LLC & CURE Media Group LLC (CURE Magazine blogs)
- LUNGevity Foundation
I have received compensation for participating in lung cancer patient surveys from:
- Research Advocacy Network
- Nova Research Company
- Rare Patient Voice LLC
- Chexx (Americas) Inc.
I have received financial compensation under contract for consulting as a patient advocate from:
- AstraZeneca (LVNG With website)
- Chandler Chico
- Oncogenex Pharmaceuticals
Excluding reimbursement for expenses, I donate all compensation to the Lung Cancer Colorado Fund at the University of Colorado Foundation in support of lung cancer research.
Questions or concerns about this statement? Please contact Janet at jfreeman.wa at gmail.com.
last updated on 4-Apr-2016