This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Janet Freeman-Daily. I believe in honesty, integrity, and transparency, and I believe in what I write. Except for occasional guest blog posts I choose to post, the views and opinions expressed on this blog are mine alone.
In my work as a lung cancer patient, research advocate, and writer, I do accept compensation from companies and organizations for travel expenses, conference registrations, speaking engagements, writing, and consulting services.
Compensated activities may influence my choice of topics and posts in this blog. However, I do not accept sponsored content or advertising, and I do not accept compensation to promote anything or provide opinions or content related to products, services, websites, companies, organizations, or any other topic. I will only discuss products or services that I believe, based on my own experience or research, are worthy of comment. Whenever possible, I provide sources for claims and data. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or source.
In the past two years, I have received travel or reimbursement for travel or other expenses from :
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Bonnie J Addario Lung Cancer Foundation
- GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer
- Hutchinson Institute for Cancer Outcomes Research (HICOR)
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
- Lung Cancer Foundation of America (LCFA)
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Questex LLC
- Scientific Consulting Group (on behalf of NCI)
- STAT News
- Turning Point Therapeutics
- University of Colorado (NCI Lung SPORE meetings)
In the past two years, I have received compensation under contract for writing, projects, or providing patient perspectives from:
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Institute (PCORI project, Value in Cancer Care presentation)
- Healthivibe LLC (on behalf of AstraZeneca)
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC STARS program)
- Lockwood Group LLC (on behalf of AstraZeneca)
- Lung Cancer Foundation of America (for Hope with Answers program)
- Slate Magazine (article)
In the past two years, I have received honoraria for providing patient perspectives from:
- Questex LLC
In the past two years, I have received wages from:
- Defense Financial Accounting Service (for work on SACHRP)
In the past two years, I have received grants from:
- LEIDOS Frederick National Lab
- Society For Participatory Medicine
I donate all compensation beyond what’s needed to cover travel expenses to lung cancer research via The ROS1ders, Inc (a nonprofit corporation), GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer (for ROS1ders research projects), and the Lung Cancer Colorado Fund.
Questions or concerns about this statement? Please contact Janet at jfreeman.wa at gmail.com.
last updated on 22-April-2020